Saturday, March 12, 2011

Overcoming Obstacles

So while I was in the shower today I suddenly began to sing the song Three Blind Mice. Don't know why, or what would have triggered it (I love a mystery) but there it was. Seems such a brutal children's song and the mice really get the short end of the stick. Following that thought was The Itsy Bitsy Spider. Now he faces some adversity, certainly, but after the rain washes him out, he is at least able to stage a comeback and it's not because he is a cute, cuddly creature. You don't see that kind of optimism in Three Blind Mice and they aren't that bad to look at. So the mice can't see the danger they are headed for and in they end they are both blind and butchered. If I'm looking for the bright side I suppose they at least have eachother.

No comments:

Post a Comment