Monday, April 18, 2011

Off to Pretty Places

Got a map on my wall of a world I've never seen, not much of, really. It's lined, labeled,demarcated and annotated. Lot of good it does me. Just places in a picture, latitudes and longitudes, mountains, rivers and seas. Where would I go if I got out and went? Wandering, just wandering.

So if I'm not on a ship or a plane making my way to some culturally intriguing destination then I must rely on my imagination to get me where I want to be. There's a world so much bigger than the globe where I have creative control and I don't need a ticket to get on board.

It's national poetry writing month and I only learned of it about a week in and somehow didn't motivate myself to do much about it. The month has ticked by with barely a poetic peep out of me but now I'm thinking it's time for a trip to the inside of my mind, a promenade down the path of promise and a dance through the garden of my imaginings.

No comments:

Post a Comment